Friday, May 25, 2007

Grey's Anatomy

Sorry for the long hiatus. I always wanted to keep this blog updated but somehow mood of typing ain't there, yeahh lets blame on the hormone..hihi. In my previous post, I mentioned I am now udner the government hospital. Did my first check-up and glad it wasn't too bad. Could still tolerate the queue. Well, I hope I'm not saying this too soon, wouldn't want to go for my next appointment and to find out I'm stuck there for hours and hours. Let's cross my fingures.

Anyway, what happen? The hospital is promoting the benefits of breast feeding, so there we were, attending a mini seminar of breast feeding, yes it was compulsory. Even husband had to tag along. It really really reminds me back to those uni days where u had to sit for a BORING subject,having no other choice. syauQi felt asleep. It was about 45mins, almost exactly the same length as classes in uni; 50mins.

After the speech, measured my weight, blood pressure and all. My weight have increase up to 10kg!!! As usual had problem taking my blood, they needed 5 tubes of it. Had to cucuk a few times before the blood generously came out.

Then came the part which I always look forward to in every doctor visit, the 3D scan. The feeling that can never be describe in words upon seeing the small creature in you moving around. We could see the baby sucking his/her thumb. After awhile, the baby started putting his/her hands in a position like making dua' (prayers). The doctor scan me longer than usual because being in University Hospital, they have lots of medic students. So the scenario I face was something like the one in Grey's Anatomy. Being surrounded by students, exposing my tummy to them while the doctor/professor explain the details of what they could see.
After the 3D scan completed, went to see another doctor for the consultation, she explained to me in detail the result of the scan.

After explaining, she said she needed my help. I was rather curious at that moment, what kind of help a doctor would want from me. Oh, the medic students will be sitting for their exam on Monday, and the doctor was wondering if I could help her by being the subject of case study. The doctor thinks a case of triplets would be great for her students. Anyway, I said I'm fine with it, ( I wouldn't want to screw my rapport with a nice beautiful doctor, hehehe) she said a small ammount wiill be given to me as a token but actually I was more concerned if she could provide me with a convinient parking lot right infront of the maternity ward.

So far, al-hamdulillah my pregnancy progressing accordingly =)

Oh did I mentioned, the hospital didn't print out photos of my babies. Apparently they dont do that there. OH....I badly want it!


************

So I went to be the "guinea pig" for my doctor. Wow I find it rather impressive. Just by looking at my tummy, yes looking not even touching...the medic students could automatically give a list of report and they even mentioned my uterus seems larger than usual. All students were able to figure out I'm having a multiple pregnancy without even telling them the slightest hint ever. The only think their professor told them was "I want you to check her abdomen" and taddaaaa....they were all able to figure out. Cool! I was checked 6 times, I think mine was the most. the patients beside and infront of me, only had theirs checked 3 times.

0 comments: